Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Nandina Future Fibers, LLC Bamboo Towels

Although bamboo has long been known in Asia for its many unique applications, the idea of using bamboo to spin yarns is a much more recent technology. The story of Nandina began in Japan where considerable research and experimentation had been done with recyclable and environmentally friendly plant fibers. Interest in bamboo has steadily grown as more and more information becomes available concerning its inherent characteristics. Bamboo grows extremely rapidly and can be harvested every two to three years with little or no environmental impact making it a remarkable, sustainable resource when compared to a tree forest that takes over 60 years to recover from deforestation.

You can buy Nandina products with confidence since most are certified by the Swiss organization Oeko-Tex. Our products receive the class I certification, which is the highest safety standard for final products. This certification ensures that our products are free from harmful chemicals or substances. Some Nandina products also carry a GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certification. GOTS is recognized as the leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibers worldwide. It ensures strict compliance with environmental standards throughout the production process.

In addition, we choose to weave our towels in Japan, where our factory uses wind power to generate its electricity and the resulting reduction of CO2 is approximately 370g per bath towel. Nandina towels are dyed after they are woven using only low-impact dyes and through a state of the art closed loop, four step purifying process, the water that comes out of the dye house is clear, clean and pure enough to use as a home for gold fish in the front office.


Soft and very absorbent, these bamboo towels are blended with organic cotton to be exactly what you’d expect from luxury linens by Nandina.

    * 75% bamboo rayon, sustainably grown and 25% certified organic cotton.
    * Generous 30” x 55”
    * 76 x 140 centimeters
    * Made in Japan
    * Oeko-Tex Class 1 certified
*above information is from the Nandina Website
***************

What a treat! These towels are so soft I had trouble hanging them on the rack.....


I have never purchased high quality bath towels in the past, not only were the prices way out of my league, the thought of spending more than $5.00 for a towel that might end out in the barn at lambing time was more than I could bear. Living on a farm with 4 kids does limit you on what to spend hard earned money on. 

Now that the kids are grown up, I'm starting to enjoy some luxuries, like these wonderful towels from Nandina.  This is the type of towel I would expect at a high end Spa.

I was sent a bath, hand and wash towel from the great people at Nandina to enjoy.  I can't get over the softness of these.  My first thought with towels I have purchased in the past was, get them in the washer ASAP and try to soften them up.  With these towels, I was afraid to put them in the washer in fear of losing the softness.  No more fears, they came out just as soft as when I received them and I didn't use any fabric softener, in fact, it is not recommended to use bleach or fabric softener with these towels.  Nandina also recommends that you wash your new towels in hot water immediately after you receive them to tighten up the weave structure and substantially diminish snagging. If your towel should snag, all you have to do is cut if off with scissors, the towel will not run or unravel.

Another HUGE plus, these are very big towels. The Nandina bath towel measures 30 x 55 inches, compare that with a $5.00 one at 22 x 38 inches!

I love the color and the texture of these towels, just beautiful. 

Price:
Bath Towel $56.00
Hand Towel $29.00
Wash Cloth $16.50

They are available in several colors and patterns

I love my children dearly, but if they touch these towels, they'll be sleeping in the barn!!!!

Disclosure:  I was provided with a complimentary sample of this product to do a review.  My opinions are always my own, your experience or opinion may be different. Please see my full Disclosure Policy at the bottom of my blog. If I didn't like it, I would tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive