Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Peacock Alley Prima Bath Towels

Founded in 1973, by Mary Ella Gabler, Peacock Alley has a long tradition of making the bedroom a place that speaks comfort, peace and happiness. Credited with establishing the specialty linen market in the United States, Gabler predicted the bedroom would become a multipurpose space for living, working, relaxing and sleeping. The bedroom today has become exactly what Mary Ella foresaw!
She saw a void in the market and set out to develop a line of fashionable bedding that would appeal to stylish consumers looking to dress their bedroom the same way they dressed themselves: in natural fibers, classic silhouettes and pleasing colors.
Today, the Peacock Alley bed and bath line is an ode to Mary Ella's sense of personal classic style. Every towel, sheet and sham exudes a sense of indulgence, a sense of chic style and most of all, a place of comfort. From chic luster to earthy texture, the Peacock Alley story speaks to anyone hoping to express their sense of self in their surroundings.

Prima, a modern terry towl with a boucle textured weave and a rouched border. Made of 100% cotton, this superb towel gives you the versatility that you crave for that perfect bathroom setting. Available in 4 soothing colors.
  • 100% Cotton
  • Imported from Portugal
  • Available in Driftwood, Glacier, Ivory and White 
Bath Towel on SALE $10.99
*above information is from the Peacock Alley Website
*****************************

I was blessed with a set of towels from Peacock Alley,  I received the Prima Bath, Hand and Wash Towels in Loden, which looks like a dark sage green to me.

For years I have only purchase towels from the big box stores in fear of what the kids might do to them.  Now that the kids have grown up, I have too.  I am replacing all my $5.00 cheap rough towels with high quality soft ones. No more sand paper stiff bath towels in this house! 

Every Spring during lambing and kidding time most of my towels would end up in the barn with the newborns, so I didn't want to spend much money on them since I had to replace so many of them every Spring.  I didn't throw out all the old towels, I would wash them and make coats for the little lambs and goats that needed them.   

But now I'm on a search for quality towels that will hold up for years, I think I have found some.  
Peacock Alley offers several high quality Bath Towels in some really wonderful designs.  I love the look, feel and size of the towels they sent me to review.  The weave is very tight and should last for numerous washings and everyday use.  They are much larger and double the thickness of any $5.00 bath towel I've purchased in the past.  Now I need to get over the "there too nice to use" thinking and enjoy them.

Bath Towel 27.5 x 55
Hand Towel 16 x 27.5
Wash Cloth 13 x 13
Compare that with big box store towels!

Right now the Prima Towels in Glacier are on Sale at a unbelievable price:
Bath $10.99
Hand $3.99
Wash Cloth $1.99
I'm sure they won't last long at this price.  

These aren't the only great prices you can find at Peacock Alley, they have several fantastic items on CLEARANCE.

Disclosure:  I was provided with a complimentary sample of this product to do a review.  My opinions are always my own, your experience or opinion may be different. Please see my full Disclosure Policy at the bottom of my blog. If I didn't like it, I would tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive