Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Making Soap with Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil

Making Soap with Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil

For years, and I mean Years, I have been making our own bath soaps with a simple recipe I got from Readers Digest "Back to Basic" Book that was published back in 1981.  The Old Fashioned Lye Soap recipe found in this book is really simple and easy and produces a great bar of soap. 
Through the years I have experimented with this recipe, adding all kinds of different oils, scents, coloring, etc.
This time I made up a batch of Coconut / Olive Oil soap using Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. 
I am so pleased with the results.  Very white and a light scent of coconut.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive