Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

SodaStream Review

 
"Soda Party in a Box!"

That's what one of the kids said when we opened up the huge box the great people at SodaStream sent us. We Received a Fountain Jet Soda Maker, a 60 liter Carbonator, 2 Carbonating Bottles, 7 Soda Sodamix flavors and a 3 pack of MyWater Flavor Essence.

Let the Party Begin.
We had a hard time deciding on which one we were going to try first.  Each of the kids wanted to try a different flavor, go figure.  That really didn't become a problem and worked out great when we found out how easy the SodaStream Soda Maker is to use. Fill bottle with cold water to fill line, twist onto Fountain Jet, pump three times, twist off bottle, add syrup, gently rock to mix and than pour into a glass.  Simple, Easy.

I let our 10 year old do it himself, with my supervision, after I made the first batch of Orange.  

I love the size of the bottles. They make just the right amount of soda for three kids and it will make it easy for me to limit their consumption.  The bottle size is also going to help with not having to dump out any left over "flat" soda.
I was never a big soda drinker, the taste was always too heavy and syrupy.
I have to say, I am very impressed with the flavor of the Orange.
  Love IT! Lots of flavor and not that heavy syrupy taste.
We next tried the Root Beer, again, the taste was great and no overly sweet film in my mouth.

Did you know that the regular, not diet, Cranberry-Raspberry only has 35 calories per 8 oz serving? And only 5mg's of Sodium ?
Sodium content is another reason I don't like drinking soda, leaves me feeling bloated.  But I check the labels on all the flavors I received and all of them are very low in sodium. If you have a bottle of soda around go check out the sodium content, your going to be shocked. Also, the SodaStream Cranberry-Raspberry is made from 7% juice from concentrates.

Once the kids were finished trying all the flavors they wanted to, I tried the MyWater Flavor Essence in lemon-lime, YUM.  I love this  flavored water.  I'm going to be drinking this all the time.  No calories, no fat, no sodium, no carbohydrates, no nothing except natural lemon-lime with other natural flavors.  One little 1.35 fl oz bottle makes 20 servings of great tasting water!
I will never run out of Soda again!

With the Holiday here and upcoming parties and guest I will have a great selection of Soda to offer.
What a Great Gift to give to the hostess of the next party you go to.

I love the fact that SodaStream is Environmentally friendly.
Here's some information from the Makers of SodaStream:

"Using your own home carbonation system means:
  • Less packaging waste from cans and bottles.
  • Less pollution caused by transport of bottled beverages.
One SodaStream carbonator makes 60 or 110 liters, equivalent to 170 or 310 aluminum cans! When empty, the carbonator is refilled and reused, ready to make more fizzy and tasty soda whenever you want it."

"According to the US Recycling Institute, more than 80% of bottles in the US do not get recycled and end up in landfills. Also, an estimated 4.7 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions were produced in the process of replacing the 134 billion bottles and cans not recycled in 2005."

 Here's some more good news:

  • Save space with concentrated sodamix and reusable carbonating bottles
  • No more lugging and storing heavy, bulky bottles and cans
  • No more hassles with empties in the trash or recycling bin
  • No batteries, no electricity, no plumbing
  • Over 30 flavors at the touch of a button

It really is very easy and convenient to use, doesn't take anymore room in your kitchen than a small coffee maker and the flavors are very good. 
You can purchase your own SodaStream Soda Maker  and all the flavors you want Online on their website.
Prices start as low as $79.95 for the Fountain Jet and $4.99 for each flavor.
You can also find some of the units and some of the flavors at Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Crate & Barrel and ShopKo among other fine locations.









Disclosure:  I was provided with a complimentary sample of this product to do a review.  My opinions are always my own, your experience or opinion may be different. Please see my full Disclosure Policy at the bottom of my blog. If I didn't like it, I would tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive